Test Gate Inspection includes:
- Overall gate
- Mounting brackets
- Bearing trucks
- Lower guide wheels
- Bearing truck track
Continuous run inspections:
- Inspect entire gate looking for cracks or other points of failure.
- Inspect the bearing truck bracket for cracks, bending or other damage.
- Inspected exposed bearing truck.
- Measure axial and radial play of one bearing
- Measure radial play of on guide wheel
- Describe the fit of the self-aligning spherical joint
- Inspect cables.
- Expose and measure radial play in lower inner and outer guide wheels.
- Measure the inside height of the bearing truck track in the top rail.
|Bearing Truck||Lower Guide Wheel||Inside|
|Bearing||Guide Wheel||Spherical Joint||Radial Play||Height|
|Cycles||Gate||Truck Bracket||Radial Play||Axial Play||Radial Play||Describe*||Cables||Inner | Outer||Guide Wheel Bracket||Bearing Track|
|Dec 5 2018||0||Good||Good1||.001″||.005″||.003″||Stiff||Good||.002″ | .002″||Good||1.7055″|
|Feb 19 2019||100,000||Good||Good2||.002″||.006″||.007″||Less Stiff||Good||.012″ | .010″||Good||1.709″|
Radial and axial play is measured using a dial indicator and the measurement is made on the same bearing and guide wheel each time.
1 Good Condition – Old style with slots and No Gussets